The TV ratings are in for Week 4 of the USFL season. The Week 4 USFL games on FOX/NBC and one telecast on FS1 averaged 805,666 viewers.
USFL Week 4 TV Ratings
- Friday at 10:20 pm ET on FS1 between the Michigan Panthers and Philadelphia Stars, the week’s opening game averaged 207,000 viewers. The lowest-rated broadcast of the USFL season to this point. The game scored a 0.04 rating in the 18-49 demo and was ranked 108th out of 150 cable telecasts.
- Saturday Afternoon’s New Jersey Generals-Pittsburgh Maulers game aired on the Peacock network. For the second week in a row, no viewership figures were made available by NBC Sports for the streaming service. A formal request has been made to Nielsen Media Research for those elusive figures. But any viewership of these games appears to be negligible.
- Saturday evening’s primetime game on FOX between the Birmingham Stallions and Tampa Bay Bandits averaged 1,051 million viewers. Week 3’s prime-time game on FOX averaged 1.114 million viewers.
- Week 4’s final USFL game Sunday afternoon on NBC featuring the Houston Gamblers and New Orleans Breakers averaged 1.159 million viewers.
As a reference point, here are the USFL TV ratings from the first three weeks of the season. Figures courtesy of Nielsen Media Research.
USFL Week 1 TV Ratings
- Saturday, Apr. 16: NJ Generals vs. Birmingham Stallions (FOX): 1.757 million viewers, 0.56 rating/(NBC): 1.310 million viewers, 0.42 rating
- Sunday, Apr. 17: Houston Gamblers vs. Michigan Panthers (NBC): 2.153 million viewers, 0.69 rating
- Sunday, Apr. 17: Philadelphia Stars vs. New Orleans Breakers (USA): 771,000 viewers, 0.25 overall rating, 0.11 in the 18-49 adult demo. The USA network USFL game was ranked 13th out of the top 50 cable telecasts.)
- Monday, Apr. 18: Tampa Bay vs. Pittsburgh (FS1): 268,000 viewers, 0.09 overall rating, 00.6 in the 18-49 demo. The telecast ranked 90th out of 150 cable shows.
USFL Week 2 Ratings
- Friday, Apr. 22: NJ vs. Michigan (USA): 363,000 viewers, 0.12 rating, 0.07 18-49 demo, ranked 72nd out of top 150 cable telecasts.
- Saturday, Apr. 23: Philadelphia vs. Pittsburgh (FOX): 1.056 million viewers, 0.34 rating
- Saturday, Apr. 23: Birmingham vs. Houston (FS1): 402,000 viewers, 0.13 rating (172-minute duration), 0.09 18-49 demo, ranked 47th out of 150 cable telecasts.
- Saturday, Apr. 23: Birmingham vs. Houston (FS2): 88,000 viewers, 0.03 rating (36-minute duration)
- Sunday, Apr. 24: New Orleans vs. Tampa Bay (NBC): 757,000 viewers, 0.24 rating (Updated figure courtesy of Nielsen Media Research)
USFL Week 3 TV Ratings
- Saturday, April 30: Tampa Bay Bandits vs. Houston Gamblers (FOX) averaged 825,000 viewers.
- Saturday, April 30: Birmingham Stallions vs. New Orleans Breakers (FOX) averaged 1.144 million viewers. There was a slight increase from last week’s 1.056 million viewers in Week 2’s afternoon telecast. The game scored a 0.22 18-49 rating.
- Sunday, May 1st: Michigan Panthers vs. Pittsburgh Maulers (USA) averaged 292,000 viewers. Down from last week’s 363,000 viewers on the USA network. The game was ranked 91st out of the top 150 cable telecasts. Drawing a 0.05 in the 18-49 adult demo.
Week 5 TV Schedule
The 2022 United States Football League season continues this weekend. Three of the league’s weekly four games will air on network television for the first time.
On Friday, May 13, the Michigan Panthers (1-3) take on the Tampa Bay Bandits (2-2) at 8:00 p.m. ET on USA Network.
Then on Saturday afternoon, it’s the New Orleans Breakers (3-1) vs. New Jersey Generals (3-1) at 3:00 p.m. ET on FOX.
Sunday, May 15, features the Birmingham Stallions (4-0) facing the Philadelphia Stars (2-2) at noon on NBC, followed by a match-up between the winless Pittsburgh Maulers (0-4) and Houston Gamblers (1-3) at 4:00 p.m. on Fox.