The Memphis Showboats are set to take on the Birmingham Stallions in an exciting Week 10 match-up of the United States Football League (USFL) season.
- Date/Location: June 17, 2023, Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
- Kickoff Time: 4:00 PM (ET)
- Channel: ESPN
- Line: Birmingham Stallions -7
Memphis Showboats vs. Birmingham Stallions Preview
The Showboats come into this game with a 5-4 record after a disappointing loss against the New Orleans Breakers in Week 9, with a score of 31-3. Quarterback Cole Kelley struggled to find rhythm in the last game and will need to step up against the Stallions.
On the other side, the Birmingham Stallions are having an excellent season with a 7-2 record. They are coming off an impressive 38-15 victory over the Houston Gamblers in Week 9. Quarterback Alex McGough has been sensational, currently ranking third in the league in passing yards and leading in rushing yards among quarterbacks. The Stallions also boast an impressive receiving corps led by Davion Davis and Jace Sternberger.
In Week 2, the Showboats faced the Stallions and suffered a lopsided 42-2 defeat. Memphis will be eager to avenge that loss in front of their home crowd.
Memphis Showboats Injury Report
- DB Quenton Meeks: Out (R Ankle)
- OL Lukayus McNeil: Out (L Knee)
- S Kyree Woods: Out (Concussion)
- OL Jordan McCray: Out (L Leg)
- RB Kerrith Whyte: Out (R Ankle)
- S Antonio Reed: Out (L Wrist)
- OL Matt Burrell: Probable (Illness)
- LB Aaron Hansford: Questionable (R Ribs)
- LB Jeff McCulloch: Questionable (L Foot)
- DL John Atkins: Probable (R Shoulder)
- S Lamont McPhatter: Probable (L Ankle)
- DT Frank Herron: Probable (L Knee)
Memphis Showboats Active/Inactive List
Transferred Player to Active Roster:
- RB Ezra Gray
- S Lamont McPhatter II
- LB Jeff McCulloch
- DT Frank Herron
- OG Kwan Stallworth
Transferred Player to Inactive Roster:
- RB Kerrith Whyte
- LB Aaron Hansford
- S Antonio Reed
- OC Jordan McCray
- DT Sulaiman Kamara
The Birmingham Stallions have a potent offense, and their defense has been solid throughout the season. The Memphis Showboats will need a near-perfect game to secure a victory at home. However, the Stallions seem to be too powerful at this stage of the season.
- Final Score Prediction: Memphis Showboats 17, Birmingham Stallions 31