The USFL, known for its spring football, is heating up as we head into Week 5 of the season. The New Orleans Breakers are leading the South Division with an undefeated record, while the North Division is up for grabs with both the New Jersey Generals and Michigan Panthers holding a 2-2 record.
For those wondering, “What football games are on today?” there are two USFL games on the agenda for May 13th. Let’s take a detailed look at these matchups.
Pittsburgh Maulers at Michigan Panthers – 12:30 PM EDT, USA
The Pittsburgh Maulers (1-3) are facing off against the Michigan Panthers (2-2) at Ford Field in Detroit. The Panthers have home field advantage, and given their better record, they’re favored to win. However, the Maulers will be looking to turn their season around, and this game could be a potential upset.
Key Players to Watch:
- Panthers QB Josh Love has thrown for 548 yards and 5 touchdowns so far this season. He will be a key player for the Panthers in this matchup.
- Maulers QB Troy Williams has been struggling with his passing game but has contributed significantly in rushing with 148 yards and a touchdown.
- Point spread: Panthers -3.5
- Moneyline: Panthers -189, Maulers +145
- Over/Under: 42.5
Betting Advice: Given the current performances of both teams, it seems safer to go with the Panthers to cover the spread. However, if you’re looking for a risky bet, the Maulers to win could offer a larger payout.
Houston Gamblers at Birmingham Stallions – 4:00 PM EDT, FOX
The Houston Gamblers (2-2) will take on the Birmingham Stallions (3-1) at Protective Stadium in Birmingham. The Stallions, with a strong home record, are the favorites in this matchup. The Gamblers, however, have been showing signs of improvement and this game could go either way.
Key Players to Watch:
- Birmingham Stallions QB Alex McGough has thrown for 764 yards and 8 touchdowns, making him a significant threat to the Gamblers.
- Gamblers QB Kenji Bahar has been performing well with 840 passing yards and 7 touchdowns, but his 6 interceptions could be a cause for concern.
- Point spread: Stallions -4.5
- Moneyline: Stallions -213, Gamblers +160
- Over/Under: 49.5
Betting Advice: Given the Stallions’ strong home record and superior stats, it would be advisable to bet on the Stallions to cover the spread. However, if the Gamblers can limit their turnovers, they might pull off an upset, making them a risky but potentially profitable bet.
Remember to bet responsibly and enjoy the games!