- Maulers sign five Free Agents to bolster offensive capabilities.
- Sean Brown and Brodarious Hamm add strength to the offensive line.
- Diondre Overton and Trey Williams bring seasoned USFL experience.
The Pittsburgh Maulers of the United States Football League (USFL) have recently signed several Free Agents to ramp up their offensive lineup for the upcoming season. Here’s a look into the profiles of the newly signed players:
- OC Sean Brown, Mississippi Valley St.:
- Sean Brown’s signing is seen as a strong move towards building a formidable offensive line for the Maulers.
- His signing news was officially announced on the USFL’s website, showcasing the Maulers’ intent on fortifying their offense.
- OLB Dorian O’Daniel, Clemson:
- The Maulers’ signing of O’Daniel highlights their aim to enhance defensive flexibility.
- This move is seen as a strategy to bring on board seasoned players with a good understanding of the game.
- OT Brodarious Hamm, Auburn:
- Brodarious Hamm, with his signing, brings a hunger for the game and stands as a testament to the Maulers’ determination to have one of the best offensive lines.
- He was a starter at right tackle for Auburn from 2020-21 and appeared in 28 games overall, showing his experience and capability.
- Hamm’s physical stats include a height of six foot six and a weight of 334 pounds, which will add significant strength to the offensive line.
- WR Diondre Overton, Clemson:
- The former Clemson wide receiver played the last two seasons with the USFL’s Philadelphia Stars before signing with the Maulers, tallying 533 receiving yards and five touchdowns.
- Overton’s move to the Maulers is seen as a significant gain, which would add value to the team’s receiving corps.
- His professional journey also included stints with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Vienna Vikings, adding a layer of seasoned experience to the Maulers’ roster.
- RB Trey Williams, Texas A&M:
- The 29-year-old star running back, previously selected by the New Jersey Generals in the 2022 USFL Draft, brings a new vigor to the Maulers’ running game.
- Williams was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Washington Redskins in 2015, showcasing his long-standing journey and experience in professional football.
- His signing alongside Brodarious Hamm is a clear indication of the Maulers’ intention to create a robust offensive line for the 2024 season.
The Maulers are certainly on a mission to build a strong team capable of competing at the highest level in the USFL. With these new signings, they are well on their way to achieving their goal of having a well-rounded and competitive team for the 2024 season.